Despite the fact that we think that we know perfectly how our bodies work and what kinds of changes and processes occur in them every second of the day, it is safe to say that there is some data that you did not know until now. What is the smallest human cell? And the biggest? How fast do nerve impulses travel? How many litres of saliva does the mouth produce per day? Wanna know 25 Curious Facts about the Human Body, let’s dive in!
Since there are not a few who are unaware of some of the best secrets of the human body, today we list a list of the most curious facts.
Facts about the Human Body
1. Nerve impulses travel about 120 meters per second.
2. Information travels to the nerves of the brain at about 400 km / h.
3. Every time we lift a foot we use 200 different muscles.
4. The feet have 52 bones out of the 206 bones of an adult human.
5. The mouth produces more than a litre of saliva a day.
6. Sometimes the brain is more active at night than when we are awake.
7. An adult’s blood vessels could circle the Earth’s equator four times.
8. The body emits a small amount of light, but it is so weak that it cannot be seen with the naked eye.
9. We lose about 4 kilograms of dead cells annually? Which means that we shed our skin up to eight times a year.
10. In an average life expectancy the heart beats more than three billion times.
11. The left lung is about 10% smaller than the right because of the space the heart occupies.
12. Human teeth are just as strong as a shark’s.
13. The smallest cells in the human body are sperm and the largest are eggs.
14. Acids found in the stomach are capable of breaking down materials as hard as metal.
15. Like fingerprints, the texture of the tongue is absolutely unique.
16. In the course of a day, the blood travels a distance of 19,312 kilometres.
17. Nails grow faster on the dominant hand with which a person writes. They also grow faster than toenails.
18. The human eye can distinguish up to 10 million different colours, but our brain cannot remember them all.
19. Smiling activates 17 muscles of the face while crying activates 43.
20. The total weight of bacteria in the human body is 2 kilograms.
21. The veins are neither blue nor green? We see the veins bluish in colour due to an optical effect produced by the skin: the thinner, the more vivid the colour will be.
22. The scalp contains about 10,000 hairs and the hair grows about 15 centimetres per year.
23. If we could extend the brain, it would be the size of a pillowcase.
24. The fastest muscles in the human body are the ones that make the eyes blink. They can contract in less than a hundredth of a second.
25. The human body of an adult is composed of approximately 6.7 * 10 ^ 27 atoms of oxygen, carbon, calcium, hydrogen, nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium and chlorine.
Hope, you learnt some new facts about the human body today, leave a beautiful comment below…